Monday, April 16, 2007

Update 3


I checked the blog and I have been remiss in updating everyone. So sorry!

April 7 & 8th I spent in Bisbee AZ throwing out the last of my journals and having a wonderful Easter. I attended a great Episcopal Service and joined the congregation for lunch afterwards.

April 9 – I bid Bisbee farewell and started my trek further east. While driving through the desert in AZ towards Interstate 10 I saw a cloud in the shape of a heart. I was blessed! The trip to El Paso was uneventful and boring, although I did cross the continental divide!

April 10 – I drove from El Paso to Sonora, TX. I had 20 – 30 mile and hour winds the whole day that made for hard driving- that combined with the 80 mile per hour speed limit. Folks drive fast in Texas. I saw a truck that said “ Cowboys for Jesus “ and knew I wasn’t in Seattle anymore. I had a Ghost rider experience that I will post in another day or so – stay tuned!

April 11 – I made it to Georgetown, TX 30 miles north of Austin. Relatives of a good friend offered to put me up. I still wasn’t half way through Texas. Did you know Texas is 100 miles longer across than California is long???

April 12 – 15 – I had a great time in the Austin area. I got a tour of downtown Austin – state capital, got to walk a fabulous nature trail and met lots of wonderful warm, friendly people. We went 30 miles west to the town of Burnet to the Bluebonnet Festival and then to Longhorn Caverns where we got to attend a great concert – in the caverns!

I left on the 15th – sad to say goodbye to new friends and traveled south through an area that had wonderful churches built in the 1800’s that were colorfully painted inside. They are known as the painted churches.

April 16, 2007 Now I am looking at the Gulf of Mexico in Galveston TX. I will soak up some sun and walk the beach and reflect on my time in Texas. Thousands of bluebonnet flowers and other wild flowers, friendly people and miles and miles of road. The trip is wonderful!

No comments: