Sunday, May 20, 2007

Update: May 20, 2007


Too much time has gone by since my last update. Getting off the road and staying in one place is great but I notice I don’t have as much time to myself. The picture about is of my daughter, her firned and I at her college.

Since I wrote last I have attended my high school reunion. Eight fabulous women from the class of 72 joined other alums from our girls’ high school. We laughed and giggled and actually got in trouble for talking during speeches (some things never change). Leslie, one of my classmates has a daughter in 6th grade at the school and we enjoyed her tour of our school as well as seeing her star in the middle school musical. We told her stories and argued about when events happened. All of the women now have amazingly rich lives. I am so glad I got to see them.

I have made three trips to my daughter’s college to help her move stuff out for the summer. I so enjoy spending time with 20 something’s. They have such active minds and I learn new things every time I am with them. They are so much smarted than I was then or perhaps even now.

I got a chance to give an evening workshop on “Transitions” for a group of fourteen women. What a lively group. I will write more about that experience soon. I also had a good long visit with a friend from college. We had hours together in part due to huge thunderstorms, which passed through the area. I love east coast thunderstorms- we never have them like that in Seattle.

The biggest event of the past few days was going to the Peeps Headquarters in Bethlehem, PA! I will write a whole piece about that visit but though I couldn’t get into the factory I did meet lots of folks and got lots of pictures and gifts! My Peeps were so excited to see their home!

I promise to fill you all in more soon. I am finding a new pace for this part of the journey. I love every place I have been, everyone I have met, every idea of have for the future. I am holding all this at the same time and loving that as well!

No comments: