Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Weekly update 5


The big news is that I have arrived in New Jersey ending the first leg of this adventure!! The trip has been great and I have enjoyed most every minute.

Since I wrote the last update I have spent time in North Carolina with a friend from graduate school. I watched three soccer games and one rugby game that her sons were in. I don’t know how I would have parented boys – they play hard and eat so much! It was great to see the Charlotte area.

From Charlotte I drove north through western Virginia, West Virginia, and a tiny bit of Maryland before spending my last night on the road in Chambersburg, PA. I enjoyed that last night and then headed to eastern PA. I had planned on seeing my daughter in a dance show at her college near Philadelphia on Saturday the 28th but surprised her on Friday with a stop and a hug (see pictures). It was great to see her, as I hadn’t been with her since Christmas.

I left the Philly area and drove on to western NJ to my sister’s. I felt so grateful for a safe trip and for all the love that had helped me on my way. Spring is late here so I was surprised and delighted to see daffodils blooming just as I got off the exit on Interstate 78 to go to my sisters.

It seems like the circle was completed. Those wonderful flowers had encouraged me my first day on the trip in Oregon and now they were welcoming me to New Jersey at this first ending.

What is to come now???? I think a road trip at the end of May with my daughter – west to Chicago and then through Kentucky (one of only two states I have never been in). Then sometime this summer another leg will be to travel to Key West, FL so I can say I got as far away from Seattle as possible in the USA.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement. I will continue to write and post pictures. I love hearing from you either by email or by posting a comment.

No comments: