Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Update: May 8, 2007


This is the first week I am not been on the road since the week I spent in Bisbee, AZ about a month ago. It has been wonderful to settle in, do laundry, and put clothing in drawers. At the same time I find myself itching to be on the road. I have found that the time I spend traveling is very creative and centering.

I am at my sister’s house in NJ. She and her husband have been wonderful in having me stay here. I have gotten to be part of a family again instead of a solo traveler. I have gone on long walks with their dogs through beautiful countryside, seen spring all over again (though my allergies weren’t happy) and had home cooking, which I missed.

I have started to connect with old friends and this weekend will attend a high school reunion – my 35th. I went to a small girls high school and so the group will be small but I hoe we will have time to really share about life since high school. Yesterday I got to visit the parents of my best friend from high school. Sarah died in her 30’s and I have tried to stay in touch with her parents – not as well as I would have wished but it was so good to see them and share a bit. I missed my friend.

I also have had the opportunity to help my sister with her retail store. She owns a great dog and cat boutique in Chester NJ. It is fun to meet new people, see how hard it is to run a store and be of help. The picture is of her, a friend and the Peeps at a fundraising run for the volunteer fire department in Chester. I am getting to experience small town living in NJ!

I will keep up the updates and stories as they come. I will be on the road again at the end of the month with a “Gilmore Girls’ trip with my daughter! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reading your blog with a certain amount of envy at your ability to fulfill this personal quest. It seems that you are not only enjoying the physical sence of travel, but emotionally and spiritually realizing your true self. Be happy, stay safe and motor on. Mary